Fort #3, built in 1879, is the largest one in Kaliningrad. The fortification is much better preserved than the others. The territory of the fort is about 63 thousand square meters, so it’s hardly a surprise that it was equipped with water, heating, ventilation and sewerage systems. On its territory there were many premises like a kitchen, warehouses, workshops, a boiler station, a canteen and even a lazaret. On April 9, the day the Koenigsberg assault, the garrison of the fort surrended.